Located 65 kilometers northeast of Quito, this volcano consists of multiple peaks, with the highest peak located in the center of the mountain. Here you will find the highest point on earth on the equator (exactly at an altitude of 4530 m near the southern flank). The still active volcano is notorious for its large number of glacial canyons, requiring a highly experienced guide and some experience using crampons and ice axes.
Includes: Professional bilingual mountain guide (maximum 2 persons per guide), transfers between the hotel and the mountain, overnight in the refuge, lunch on day 1, dinner and breakfast in the camping pitch, climbing equipment (see below).
* All hotel nights with breakfast, transfers, domestic flights and excursions as mentioned in the program.
* Lunch and dinner in accordance with the program if stated.
Drinks, tips and expenses of a personal nature.
* International flights to and from Ecuador.
* Travel or cancellation insurance.
To the shelter of the Cayambe
We leave the hotel in the morning and drive towards Cayambe, from where we continue to the Refuge Ruales Oleas (4800 m). After lunch we do a material check and practice on the mountain. After dinner we rest a few hours before the climb starts.
From the shelter to the top and back
We have a light breakfast around midnight and prepare for the climb. We hike in snowy surfaces for several hours until we reach the top about seven hours later. From the mountain top you have a beautiful view in clear weather over the various mountain peaks of Ecuador and you can even see the Amazon forest. We enjoy reaching the top for a while and then start the descent which will take about three hours. On the way to the hotel we stop on the way for lunch and to regain our strength.
All transfers are done by private car and Spanish-speaking driver unless otherwise stated
* Mentioned trips and excursions are examples from a wider range. Check out our website for more options.
* This travel proposal is based on 2-person standard rooms, unless stated otherwise. Surcharges for single rooms or luxury
rooms are on request.
* This travel proposal is without obligation, depending on the travel period and subject to availability.
* The definitive travel program must take into account certain fixed days of activities, such as ineemse
markets, departure dates of cruises and flights, etc. We do everything possible to optimize the activities mentioned in the program